Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Gratitude Paved the Way!

My heart aches when I see a person striving for change and change fails to come.  If you are looking for change and  it's not peeking over the horizon, then begin to look inward.  Several years ago, I was seeking a new job position.  I needed this job change because I was a newly divorced mother of one.  I could not see myself surviving due to the lose of half of my house hold income.  I set my plan in motion on how I was going to move forward.  There was two thing standing in my way. A written and practical test.  I had received my technical degree so it should not have been a problem.  Guess again!  I failed the practical twice. Because so much time has passed between the time I passed the written and was up to take the practical again, it disqualified me from the written.  The standards changed. I was heart broken.  All that time in school for what, to only face disappointment.  Success does not come without disappointment.  Today, I can still feel that weight that I bore. I finally had to come to terms with what if I didn't pass.  I began to look back and I realized that I was not only surviving but I was thriving. In spite of my circumstances, God had blessed me to take care of my family.  I stopped right then and thank him and prayed "Father, I know if I don't conqueror this test this time you will continue to take care of me and mine."  I had peace.  I took the written test and passed. No problem! The true test would be the practical test.  They say the 3rd time is a charm.  They must be right!  I went on to pass the practical and become one of the best technicians in my group. Later, lead the team to win several awards.  Sometimes change comes when gratitude paves the way. Find peace where you are and change will peek over the horizon.

No comments: