Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Through God's Eyes





I have been very fortunate to look at the world through God’s eyes.  Because of this special view, I have been blessed to met and join my faith with some wonderful women of God, from all walks of life, with various ethnic backgrounds, that have cascaded into my life. They challenged me and looked beneath the surface and saw things in my heart that I could not see in myself.  They have dreamed along with me regarding the things that I hope to realize in my life and the life of my family and friends. I marvel at how God has strategically placed them as I have made my way through life.  They have pressed me, cheered me on, corrected me, and loved me. Although, for some it has only been for a season, I appreciate what was imparted to me.  Many times these were relationships that began as mentor/mentee relationships that transmogrified into beautiful friendships. I always leave them feeling renewed and refreshed when my time with them comes to a close.   I celebrate these women of faith who have shared their perspective and wisdom.  When I was growing up my mother encouraged me to befriend mature women (those who were willing to share their wisdom) so I could learn from them, albeit, one of my greatest lessons came from a young girl.  The scripture says in Proverbs 27:17, “As iron sharpens iron, so a person sharpens the countenance of his friend.” As the month of April comes to a close; I celebrate these women’s resilience and wisdom.  I encourage young women to slow down and look for those mature women of faith that God has strategically placed to bless you and grow you.  It could be a woman you met by circumstance, the sister that sits next to you in church, your boss or a friend of a friend.  I encourage you to look at the world through God’s eyes, until next time, may God richly bless you! 

No comments: