Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Forgiveness of Self

I believe the hardest concept for mankind to get its mind around is forgiveness of self. We all fall short at one point in our lives or another. I know I have. What did Paul say, the things that I don’t want to do I do. Everyone knows the feeling of stepping off a curb and not landing just right. Then we go over in our mind what we should have done differently. Our focus is not that we didn’t fall but how we shouldn’t have twisted our ankle. I can almost guarantee we learned something; to look before we step down. The experience was worth the lesson. We can’t change what happen but we can make better choices in the future based on the experience. There is not a person living or dead that wished at one time or another that they could have done something different. We need to shed the baggage of our past mistakes, forgive ourselves, pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and press on

No comments: