Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Guard That Which is Good

Today, my creativity is like riding on a highway.  A highway that holds a path that could have so many possiblities.  Conversely, I limit my creative possiblities by constantly driving in the fast lane; changing lanes at will and slowing down only enough to jot a thought down, draw a picture or write a muse; often only yielding to pressing ideas, ideas that seem to linger in my heart.  My night vision causes me to be dazed and drift away form the creative to what is acceptable.  Nonetheless, I police myself so my creativity will not be lost on this journey we call life.  I have placed STOP signs on the this highway and REST AREAS.  Places where I am forced to pull into and take a moment to reflect and nuture the true me because I have learned to guard that which is good.

No comments: